Branson Theaters Closed Down Due To Tornado
The tornado that hit Branson, Mo on leap year February 29, 2012 did extensive damage to Branson and highway 76. It was quite a sight to see. Fortunately there wasn't any fatalities in the storm. The tornado zig zagged across the strip multiple times doing damage to hotels, theaters, homes, and restaurants along the way.
The tornado hit during the middle of night while the town was closed down, which probably was a very good thing. Damage can still be seen as you drive down the strip and clean up continues. If you are coming to Branson, you may be wondering which theaters took the worst damage and which theaters will be closed for business in the upcoming year.
Branson Theaters Closed In 2012?
Surprisingly, it will be business as usual in Branson. However, there will be delays at six theaters due to tornado damage.
Americana Theater :
- The Redneck Tenors will now be opening on April 15
- Cassandre Haygood and Friends - April 15
- Joseph Hall's Rock and Remember Tribute - April 16
- Todd Oliver - April 15
Branson Variety Theater :
I thought this theater took the most damage. I was just driving by yesterday (March 19) and there still looks like there is plenty of repair work to be done. However, here are the new opening dates that have be reported :
- Horray for Hollywood - April 16
- Shake Rattle and Roll - April 16
- Beach Boys and Four Seasons Tribute - April 15
- Twelve Irish Tenors April 15
Dick Clark Theater :
- Legends in Concert - April 1
- The Brett Family - April 15